Monday, March 24, 2014

Shifting Gears and Taking Chances

I shifted majors two years ago. From BS General Sciences, I took up BS Psychology, after realizing that it's what I really wanted to study. Not only that, there are more career options for BS Psych grads. It's good to know that someone with a Psych degree under her belt will always be respected in whatever career field she chose to take.





So I talked to my parents about it. Thankfully, they were very supportive of my decision, except that I'll have to wait for another year before I can graduate. Right now, I'm done with minor subjects, and all I'm taking up now are majors, along with some advanced classes. It isn't easy balancing out studying, working part-time, and social life. But these circumstances shifted my mindset and habits, and this was a major factor in helping me grow up a little.





I didn't regret anything, except that I got separated from my usual crowd (my batch mates). But that opened up something else for me. I still see them from time to time, but I'm also led to new friends as well. The good thing about college is that you really don't have a permanent crowd to hung out with, unlike high school. My social circle expanded a little, along with new friends, like that artsy girl, my humorous seatmate and study buddy in Abnormal Psych classes, and that hot guy who turned out to be better than having a fling with.





I enjoyed my Psych classes and the idea of doing anything I want after graduation. Either I end up in an educational setting (school) or venture somewhere that's a 180 degree turn from my college major. Whatever happens, I am going to create my own fate and I'll do my best to make myself happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment